Garage Door Lock - Being in Action
Studies done on home security on the topic of garage door break-ins identifies the following awareness that there is a weak point in the garage door opener. The way to exploit that weakness is called the Garage By Pass Technique. This garage door safety release mechanism can be tripped from outside of your garage door with nothing more than a coat hanger.
The Garage Door Lock
The landscape of crimes against women in the United States consists of the following categories:
- crimes of domestic violence,
- sexual assault,
- dating violence
- and stalking
Domestic violence can be defined as a pattern of abusive behavior in any relationship that is used by one partner to gain or maintain power and control over an intimate partner.
Bureau of Justice Statistics, Female Victims of Violence, September 2009, NCJ 228356
Shannan Catalano, Ph.D., Erica Smith, Howard Snyder, Ph.D., and Michael Rand
- According to the National Center for Injury Prevention and Control, women experience about 4.8 million intimate partner-related physical assaults and rapes every year.
- Less than 20 percent of battered women sought medical treatment following an injury.
- One in five women and one in 71 men have been raped in their lifetimes and nearly 1.3 million women in the U.S. are raped every year
U.S. Department of Justice, Office of Justice Programs, Bureau of Justice Statistics, Criminal Victimization, 2014
Jennifer L. Truman, Ph.D., and Lynn Langton, Ph.D., BJS Statisticians
- Crimes that were not reported to the police
- 232,960 women in the U.S. were raped or sexually assaulted in 2006
- That’s more than 600 women every day
- A significant number of crimes are never even reported for reasons that include the victim’s
- feeling that nothing can/will be done and
- the personal nature of the incident
- One in every four women and one in every seven men have experienced severe physical violence by a current or former spouse, boyfriend, or girlfriend
US Census Bureau, National Crime Victimization Survey
- “growing up in a violent home may be a terrifying and traumatic experience that can affect every aspect of a child’s life, growth and development. .
- children who have been exposed to family violence suffer symptoms of post-traumatic stress disorder, such as bed-wetting or nightmares,
- and were at greater risk than their peers of having allergies, asthma, gastrointestinal problems, headaches and flu.”
Stalkers victimize approximately 5.2 million women and 1.4 million men each year in the U.S, with domestic violence-related stalking and often the most dangerous.
In addition, women who experience physical abuse as children are at a greater risk of victimization as adults, and men have a far greater (more than double) likelihood of perpetrating abuse.
Family Violence Prevention Fund, The Facts on Children and Domestic Violence
The information on the Garage Door Lock website is provided by Elocksys, Inc. The material is for general informational and educational purposes only. The advice is not a substitute for professional advice. The use of or reliance of any information contained on our website is solely at your own risk. Therefore, before taking an action based on the information provided, we encourage that you to consult with the appropriate professionals. All material on the site is provided in good faith, however we make no representation or warranty of any kind, express or implied, regarding the accuracy, adequacy, validity, reliability, availability or completeness of any information on the Site.
The information contained on this website is provided for general information purposes only and should not be construed or interpreted as providing formal advice. Meaning under no circumstance shall we have any liability to you for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of the site or reliance on any information provided on the site. Your use of the Garage Door Lock site and your reliance on any information on the Garage Door Lock site is solely at your own risk. We are not responsible if you install the Garage Door lock incorrectly or damage your garage door.
The Garage Door Lock website may contain testimonials by users of our products. These testimonials reflect the real-life experiences and opinions of such users. However, the experiences are personal to those particular users, and may not necessarily be representative of all users of our products and/or services. We do not claim, and you should not assume, that all users will have the same experiences. The views and opinions contained in the testimonials belong solely to the individual user and do not reflect our views and opinions. We are not affiliated with users who provide testimonials, and users are not paid or otherwise compensated for their testimonials.
The testimonials on the Garage Door Lock website are submitted in various forms such as text, audio and/or video, and are reviewed by us before being posted. They appear on the Garage Door Lock website verbatim as given by the users, except for the correction of grammar or typing errors. Some testimonials may have been shortened for the sake of brevity where the full testimonial contained extraneous information not relevant to the general public. We are not responsible for comments on our web site. Further we reserve the right to remove any comment we decide is offensive or misleading.
We offer limited warranties for our product. We are not liable for:
• Losses incurred by users or customers due to downtime or other unforeseeable circumstances
• Viruses or malware
• Goods that aren’t suitable for the exact purpose a customer plans on using them for
• Consequential and incidental losses
• Innocent and accidental misrepresentation
• Any assumptions a customer made as to an item’s quality or durability.
• There is a one-year time limit for making claims
• And damages are capped at replacement value.
Although Elocksys endeavors to ensure that all pricing information on the Website if accurate, occasionally an error may occur and goods may be mispriced. If the pricing error is discovered or an error in placed at an erroneous price, we will at our discretion either contact you and ask you whether you wish to cancel your order or continue the order at the correct price, or notify you that we have cancelled your order. We will not be obliged to supply goods and services at the incorrect price.
Community Partner Application
Would you like to join us and become a certified installer for the garage door lock in your community?